As a Server-side Developer at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., you will be part of a dedicated and dynamic team developing high-quality and successful online mobile game services. Reporting to the game Producer, you will work closely with the Senior Server-Side Developer, Game Designers and Client Developers to develop and integrate the back-end infrastructure of the game.
You are a multi-discipline server-side developer with strong knowledge of the leading server-side development tools, software and methodologies. You demonstrate an understanding of the challenges when building successful software-as-a-service applications, balancing the requirements of game client development with efficient, scalable and performant back end systems. You must have experience of working in an agile development environment and enjoy working closely with dedicated team passionate about what they do.
- Design and implement back-end systems based on the requirements of Game Design Documentation.
- To work closely with the Client Developers on delivering new game features.
- To work with 3rd party parties and help manage integration into their systems.
- To work with QA and Customer Services and solve server related issues.
Core Skills & Experience:
- C#, ASP.net, MVC (Visual Studio 2019 and ReSharper).
- Cloud development experience - caching and scaling technologies (e.g. DynamoDb and Redis), preferably on AWS or Azure.
- Experience of unit testing, BDD and different source control methodologies.
- Demonstrable relevant commercial experience.
- Strong experience of technical design.
- A passion for games is essential.
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of socket-based technologies (e.g. SignalR)
- Entity Framework/NHibernate
- Experience of high traffic distributed architecture
- Experience of online or server-based games
- Experience within the games industry
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the very best people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. As such we’ve built a studio that is open, inclusive, fun and friendly. Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
As well as offering successful candidates a competitive salary, Playdemic also has a comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme; a generous company pension and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities, discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary snacks and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!